Massage is becoming more and more popular internationally as a healing modality. Clients benefit from regular sessions of Remedial Massage which is a treatment that is specifically prescribed to the clients individual requirements.
Our Remedial Massage Therapist, Lisa Porter is trained to assess a clients needs based on observation, feedback from the client and tactile feel of the body itself. This directs the individual treatment of a client.
Lisa Porter incorporates Deep Tissue, Sports Massage, Acupressure, Trigger Point, and Energy Block Release work into her Remedial Massage Program. She likes to work with clients wellbeing goals to assist in a suitable Remedial Therapy Program.
Benefits of regular Remedial Massage
- Improves circulation
- Stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and young
- Stimulates the skin and nervous system
- Reduces stress both emotional and physical
- Can assist in pain reduction and a sense of wellbeing with a variety of disorders including anxiety, arthritis, back pain, chronic pain, constipation, depression, headache, insomnia, and high blood pressure
- Can assist a variety of muscular and skeletal dysfunctions such as Fibrositis, Spondylitis, frozen shoulder, muscular cramps, whiplash, muscular atrophy and sport or dance injuries
- Encourages venous blood return from extremities (arms, legs).
- Encourages the release of Endorphins, the brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) that produce feelings of wellbeing. Massage reduces levels of stress hormones such as Cortisol, Norepinephrine and Adrenaline.
Tree of Life Massage Clinic
Your therapist Lisa Porter is open minded to a clients needs and always allows time before a massage session to hear her clients. She understands that although massage is popular that there are many questions that clients may ask and allows time in a session for this. It is important to her work that clients coming to the clinic are comfortable and relaxed at all times. It is important to her that the client and herself are working together towards the same intent. It is important to her that a client feels empowered to use Remedial Massage in their therapy plan.
She believes massage is healing on many levels and a holistic approach to achieve homeostasis. While addressing specific issues on a physical level, the holistic benefits that massage incorporates gives for a great sense of well being and calm afterwards also. She encourages all people to utilise regular massage therapy into their life styles. She personally wishes she could have one every day 🙂