Massage is becoming more and more popular internationally as a healing modality. Clients benefit from regular sessions of Remedial Massage which is a treatment that is specifically prescribed to the clients individual requirements.
Our Remedial Massage Therapists are trained to assess your needs based on observation, feedback and tactile feel of the body itself. This directs individual treatment.
Multiple types of massage such as Deep Tissue, Sports Massage, Acupressure, Trigger Point, and Energy Block Release can be part of your Remedial Massage program. We work with your wellbeing goals to assist in a suitable Remedial Therapy program.
Benefits of regular Remedial Massage
- Improves circulation
- Stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and young
- Stimulates the skin and nervous system
- Reduces stress both emotional and physical
- Can assist in pain reduction and a sense of wellbeing with a variety of disorders including anxiety, arthritis, back pain, chronic pain, constipation, depression, headache, insomnia, and high blood pressure
- Can assist a variety of muscular and skeletal dysfunctions such as Fibrositis, Spondylitis, frozen shoulder, muscular cramps, whiplash, muscular atrophy and sport or dance injuries
- Encourages venous blood return from extremities (arms, legs).
- Encourages the release of Endorphins, the brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) that produce feelings of wellbeing. Massage reduces levels of stress hormones such as Cortisol, Norepinephrine and Adrenaline.
Your therapist is open minded and always allows time before a massage session to hear about your needs. Although massage is popular, there are many questions that you may have and time is allowed in a session for this. It is important that you are comfortable and relaxed at all times. Your massage therapist is working together with you towards the same intent. Remedial Massage is an empowering part of your therapy plan.
Massage is healing on many levels and part of a holistic approach to achieve homeostasis. While addressing specific issues on a physical level, the holistic benefits that massage incorporates gives for a great sense of well being and calm afterwards also.