PEMF – Pulsed Electromagnetic Frequency Machine
Straight Up Health has the newest, most advanced PEMF Machine available in Australia, and is the only one currently available to clients in Geraldton.
Tennis Ace, Roger Federer, and Olympic Gold Medal Snowboarder Torah Bright use this therapy to speed up recovery times after training and competitions.
It attracts over 300,000 medical practitioners, clinics, hospitals, and private users worldwide. Although popular in Europe it is still relatively new in Australia.
Sessions are available in blocks of 10, 20 minute sessions. It is recommended that PEMF is used optimally for 18 days out of 30 initially, depending on the condition.
How does PEMF work?
It has been firmly established that tissues including blood, muscle, ligaments, bone and cartilage respond to biophysical input, such as electromagnetic fields.
With the use of a PEMF, a moving or resonating magnetic field is generated within the body, this directly and positively alters cellular signalling.
New studies show that with the proper field intensity and frequency, treatment with PEMF appears to be disease-modifying.
PEMF works to heal the body at a cellular level.
In 1995, researchers Siskin and Walker provided a summary of clinical results of PEMF on soft tissue damage.
The following positive effects were reported, with no negative effects observed:
- Decreased pain
- Reduced inflammation
- Increased range of motion
- Faster functional recovery
- Reduced muscle loss after surgery
- Increased tensile strength in ligaments
- Faster healing of skin wounds
- Enhanced capillary formation
- Acceleration of nerve regeneration
- Decreased tissue necrosis.
At Straight Up Health, we have had much clinical success with shoulder, elbow, foot, ankle and knee pain, however, the applications for PEMF therapy is vast.
Medical PEMF therapy devices have been accepted for use in many countries around the world.
The US FDA accepted the use of PEMF therapy devices in the healing of:
- non-union bone fractures in 1979
- urinary incontinence and muscle stimulation in 1998
- depression and anxiety in 2006.
Israel has accepted the use of PEMF devices for migraine headaches.
Canada has accepted PEMF devices for many uses.
The European Union has many acceptances for the use of PEMF therapy in many areas including healing and recovery from trauma, degeneration and the treatment of the pain and range of motion issues.
Promising Research is ongoing in the following areas
- Anti-Aging Machine – More ATP; the Mitochondrial Theory of Aging in Reverse
- Athletic Performance Enhancement
- Cancer – O2 & ATP levels
- Epilepsy, traumatic brain injury
- Eyes – Glaucoma – Optic Nerve
- Lyme Disease – 20,000 Gauss PEMF to Electrocute Lyme
- Insomnia, thyroid disorders
- Migraine, tinnitus
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nerve Regeneration / Spinal Cord Injury/ wound healing
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)